January 13, 2014

Hexagon Love.....



Good Monday morning to you! Did you all have a lovely weekend?
Mine was very relaxing. This morning I'm enjoying a little extra quiet time. 
Garrett stayed up way too late last night..not sure why but he just didn't want to go to
sleep so I am letting him sleep as long as he wants giving me time to type a few words 
down here before his day starts.



♥♥♥

Since I finished my chevron throw 
I thought I would jump right into another one but this time
with hexagons!

Not sure why I never tried really to make a blanket with hexagons {and finish it }before because I 
looooovvvvve making them.
( I tried one  a few months back but I don't know where it went??)
I did some organizing of all the yarn I have left.
I spend about an hour rolling yarn into balls.
Do you do that? 
I find it easier to work with, you know....in case you run into knots!!!!!
I have one bucket full .....sad sad.
It's a large plastic bucket but still sad!
I usually have a ton more stored in a dresser and the closet but this is it I'm afraid.




♥♥♥

Well... I will not ponder over it. 
I will use what I have left on this blanket and tell myself that
I can not start another project until this one is finished and also tell myself
not to buy any more yarn.
( well, that's the plan anyways )


Wishing you all a wonderful Monday and a great week.
You will find me sitting in my cozy chair making more 
hexagons later today
I only have ohhh....about a zillion more to make!

but.....


First I have mom duty this morning.
You know....laundry, mopping, cooking lunch, etc, etc




 


Have a lovely day!




21 comments:

  1. Your hexies are looking great Shari! I look forward to seeing more - which knowing you won't take long! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! I'll try to keep the progress posted!

      Delete
  2. Lovely hexagons Shari, I love the making too, I just don't like the joining. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't I know what you mean....not looking forward to joining them either and not quite sure how I will join them at this point...xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful hexagons Shari. You must be an amazingly fast crocheter to have finished the other blanket in two days and do all of these hexies in just one! I also have the quilt to work on this afternoon but first I'm making myself tidy up the office/craft room a bit. Laundry also is being done and dishes. I wish I could wave a magic wand to make all the hum-drum of life be done so I can craft to my hearts content! :-)

    Have a lovely Monday,

    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy! I really don't think I am all that fast but that's what everyone tells me so thank you!
      xo

      Delete
  4. Your hexagons are looking really pretty. The blanket is going to be gorgeous for sure. I'm hoping to get in a little crochet time later today myself. Have a great Monday. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hexes Shari, and their gorgeous colours - and I dare bet you won't be able to resist buying more yarn - it's just a necessary commodity isn't it, haha! I also love your quote and wish for all your days to be 'best days'! Love, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Joy, you were right. I went shopping for groceries and guess what ended up in my shopping cart....it wasn't a bag of cookies....yes.....yarn!
      xx

      Delete
  6. Love the hexi's Shari - they're pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful post and beautiful new project, Shari! I have never crocheted a hexagon, but your lovely work inspires me to want to make some :) I hope you and yours had a happy Monday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colors and pretty motif, Shari. I love your blog! I've shared this item on one of my Pinterest boards. Regards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you and yes, please pin away...I don't mind sharing!
      xx

      Delete
  9. I think your new project is just gorgeous. I am working like a mad woman on my African Flower Baby Blanket, I simply can not make another thing until it is done. I am dreaming about sweaters, scarves, big lumpy cowls...I know I live in Florida, that is what this blanket is doing to me, making me crazy.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such soft dreamy colours in your hexies ... love them! This is the kind of project I wouldn't want to end. It will be a work of art when you're finished Shari. How nice for you to have a slow start to your morning ;) Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful post, and gorgeous crochet hexagons, Shari! So lovely to find you again on this lovely blog! Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What hexagon pattern is this? I'm new to crochet & I'd like to try it. Sorry - I don't have a blog or anything!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete