January 5, 2014

happiness is......


(1.) ......finding that my crafty side is finding it's way back to me.
Not really sure why is faded away towards the end of last spring but now since we are in the dead of winter here and I am forced to stay indoors.....it's all coming back.




(2.)......discovering how much I truly love color!
Usually I go for all cream and white but with a "splash" of brightness, everything seems
more cheerful which makes me even more happy.

Especially when a gift was opened and discovered that these little balls of yarn are the cutest little bon bons of yarn only the size of your thumb.
(judging by the photos you would think they are a huge ball of yarn....wrong....thumb size!!!




love love love them......
♥♥♥





(3.).....so happy to see my pretty little "princess lilies" still thriving that I bought last week. It's nice to be able to bring a little "Springtime" into our homes still since all I see is dark gray days....going on a month now.




(4.)....finding that never ending granny square blanket that is finally starting to look like a blanket. All those tiny little squares are taking  fooooreeeeva!
 


(5.)....finding out how much I love pretty little vintage teacups....even though I am not a big tea drinker. Coffee is my obsession. Especially if you put vanilla and a little cream in it....delicious!!!!

{image came from my new Tilda magazine that came in the postage ...love this book}


and....




Well that pretty much sums up my happiness for one day.
2014 is looking pretty good so far....minus the terrible flu I have had for
the past two weeks now. 
Feeling some what better today especially after reading all the
get well wishes in my email box this morning.
Thank you all so much!!

♥♥♥♥

Plus before I leave, I want to give a big welcome to
all of my new readers and followers to 
THE STITCH PATTERN
I have lots of new things and changes in store
for this little space here so I am so glad 
you all stopped in.




21 comments:

  1. Those little balls of yarn are too cute! Hope that you are enjoying the granny squares. Looking forward to seeing the progress. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling a little better Shari, lovely photo's as always, everything looks so lovely, those little balls of yarn are so cute. I love your tea cup, I have a beautiful china tea cup that belonged to my Aunt, I wouldn't dream of using it but it's so pretty to look at. Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for 2014, take care of yourself and get rid of that flu. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thumb-sized balls of yarn ARE adorable! I didn't know you could buy them so small ... I guess the knitter's answer to fat-quarters in sewing. Glad you hear you've got your craftiness back ;) Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are feeling better, Shari. Thanks for sharing photos of some of the beauty around you...including a glimpse of the beautiful blanket
    you are making :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet and lovely post! Love the sneak peeks of all your pretties, Shari.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely reasons to be happy Shari, especially that you are feeling better.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just discovered your pretty blog. I too love all forms of needlework and look forward to popping back to admire your projects. Glad you are feeling better. Happy New Year, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for leaving this sweet message! Looking forward to many more chats with you!
      Shari

      Delete
  8. Thanks for dropping by Shari - I have found you again! and knitting too. Well done you. I have subscribed today so I won't miss a trick now. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shari, I am so happy to have found your blog again thanks to the comment you left on mine!

    Wishing you a happy new year!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you stopped in Jen! Thanks so much for you sweet comment!

      Delete
  10. Oh Dear! I am sorry to hear that you were down with the flu! I do hope that it is mostly gone by now. I am happy that you have found your crafty side again... I was missing that part of you! :D I am also happy that you will be following me over at my new blog on WordPress! I am loving your photography too... you have grown leaps and bounds! I must, must, must dig out my manual for my camera and stop using it on auto!
    Hugs my sweet blogging sister,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww you are so sweet Beth! Yes Yes Yes.....dig out your camera and try it on Manuel mode that's the mode I used the most.
      Looking for to seeing what you have in store on your new blog site!
      xx Shari

      Delete
  11. I am so glad that I found your new blog! I have wondered why I had not seen posts from your old blog, only to discover it was gone! So happy to see your creativity again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hi Norma Jean!!!! I am so glad you found me again. I promise not to do any more disappearing acts!
      xx Shari

      Delete
  12. Hi Shari...Wishing you a wonderful and creative 2014! ...Thank you too for calling by my blog and for letting me know the address of your new blog home (which I must say is looking beautiful indeed)...x
    Happy Weekend,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete