December 13, 2014

Tis the Season to be Jolly


Popping in for another quick post. Our Holiday is surely in full motion and there is still lots to be done.  My Christmas wrapping is soo behind I feel as if I am a little lost elf with so much dismay that Christmas will be late....Oh, so late!  I can't seem to get things going on the hooks fast enough and my days are numbered, 13 more as a matter of fact. But, I am pressing on.
 
*************
 
 Our days here all week have been over casted, snow white cloudy, (with no snow) bitter, shivering, cold! As I walk my youngest into class, I can smell the warm burning of leaves and firewood fireplaces in the distance and it puts me in the mood for a warm cup of hot chocolate with cozy socks and wrist warmers, long pj's and cookies. My best holiday picture ever!
So.....as soon as I arrived back to the homestead I whip up some super quick wrist warmers and thought these would make perfect gifts too.
Adding more to my long list of things that need my attention ASAP.
 
 

I do this to myself every year. Really at the last minute. Before the holidays get into full swing, I always tell myself to plan ahead, get things organized, keep things neat and simple....but does this happen? of course not!  There surely isn't one thing that is organized or neat. I still don't have a clue what to get a few family members and my fingers are killing me from crocheting so much. It seems the faster I try to work the harder I hold my hooks which lead to very sore fingers and hands. Is there a remedy for this??? 


As I said before....I am pressing on.
 
Happy Holidays!!
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. The wrist warmers are so pretty, Shari. I love your color choices and arrangement. I have to finish the art bag by tomorrow so I am off to crochet :) Blessings to you and yours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love these wrist warmers, Shari. I love the colors and the design! I really think you know who will love them too. I just love Christmas secrets, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wrist warmers! Happy wrapping! I need to get busy doing that too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't even started my wrapping Shari in fact I have nothing to wrap yet next! love the wrist warmers they are lovely. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I haven't wrapped anything yet apart from some items that I had to post! xx

    ReplyDelete